Monday, December 9, 2013

So we bought the tank that we needed for our hot water and some really nice members of the ward come over the install it! But the next morning when we tried to use it, it didn´t work the way we thought it would and the bathroom reeked of gas...apparently the tubes in the walls are super old and have holes in them...so that´s a comforting thought, back to cold water.
I officially respect anyone who has ever served a mission. There are so many things that one needs to adjust to. Always being with someone, learning a new language, being in a completely different culture, ect. It´s definitely not easy, but I wouldn´t be anywhere else.
This week ate dinner with a really weathly family here in Mexico and by wealthy I mean they have a car and a successful business. There are so many things I took for granted at home and now I´m super grateful for everything I had at home. Anyways, they offered to make 5 turkey dinners for our most humble families for Christmas. This family really knows what Christmas is about and we have some many family we´re teaching that literally have nothing so I couldn´t help it, I just started to cry right at the dinner table...how embarrassing. But anyways, I can´t wait to see the faces of these families when they receive their Christmas dinner.
One of these families will be the family of a little boy Cristofer. We are teaching him and one day we went to his house to teach him a lesson and he was working on some homework so we decided to help him out a bit. He needed to make a food pyramid but didn´thave any of the tools to do it...he had a dirty piece of paper, three colored pencils (two without tips) and the smallest eraser...so my companion and I went to the papeleria and bought him some decent colored pencils, a pencil sharpener, erasers, ect so he could actually do his assignment. It was such a humbling experience to be able to help him out a little bit.
Side note...I had a little scary experience with a mexican man the other day. He came up to us and started talking to us, but we were a little late for an appointment so I told him we had to go...we shook hands out of courtesy and he wouldn´t let my hand go! I yanked it away and sort of trotted away...fast. It was an interesting experience. The men here are a little disrespectful sometimes too...it´s sort of sad, but there are a lot of really nice people too, so I guess you can´t win them all!

Until next week!
Our humble tree! In U.S dollars comes to about 3 bucks...lol
This bread is amazing...it´s in the shape of a turtle and it´s best with honey.
So this is me wearing one of the costumes that the people wear when there´s a parade here! It´s pretty cool to see!
Enchilada!
This is me in one of the bed´s of an inactive lady. She´s awesome! He name is Concepcion.

No comments:

Post a Comment