Monday, January 27, 2014

First off, I´d like to thank everyone who sent me a Christmas card! I received a handful and I really am grateful for all the people who still remember me! Lol, Thanks a lot! Letters are literally the best.

This week has been interesting for sure. Well for starters I sure have been learning to love the people I serve. It´s interesting to think about, but my dad told me, and I´ve heard from countless people, that the more you serve someone, the more you grow to love them. I´ve definitely benefited from this promise. Whenever my companion is bugging the heck out of me I tell her to give me her shoes...And then I clean them. I can´t count the number of times I´ve cleaned her shoes, lol It´s really an interesting experiement but it actually works. Even though some of the stuff she does bothers me to pieces I have actually grown to like her! If we don´t work together as companions we can´t teach with the Spirit...and if we can´t teach with the Spirit we´re not going to get anywhere with the investigators in the lessons because the Spirit is the person who´s actually doing the teaching.

Funny Story: My companion and I were walking down this dirt path and we saw this dog who was drinking black greasy water out of a sewer. I saw him and I felt really bad for him! I had my water bottle and I looked around for a plastic bag or some piece of trash I could pour was water into, but I couldnt find anything. I then decided that it didn´t matter and I started pouring the water out of my bottle into a little waterfall, feeling hopeful that he´d take the opportunity to drink some clean water...but he just gave me a look like ¨who the heck is this girl and what the heck is she doing?¨ He then started to back away slowly lol Ugh! haha! I just wanted to help him but he just gave me a look like ¨dejeme a tomar agua sucia¨ haha!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment