Monday, February 24, 2014

First off, I gotta give a shout out to Sunshine, Sister Newcomer and Alexis, if you´re reading this...I received your letters this week! I´m pretty sure receiving letters is one of the best parts of the mission.

Okay everyone, it´s super hot here. I´m sweating buckets. This week sure has been interesting, that´s for sure. Last week we had an interesting experience while we were eating lunch. I left to use the bathroom and when I came back, before I could do or say anything, I see my companion handing her dessert back to the lady who made it! (What the heck are you doing!?) Yes...it was one of those moments. She said it was too sweet and she couldn´t eat it. Nooo....what I felt in that moment cannot be put into words. I later tried to explain to her that we eat whatever the people give us because a lot of the people here don´t have a lot...and that discussion was wonderful. The next time we went to eat with that lady she started telling us about how when she left on her mission her mom told her two things 1. Return with honor and 2. Eat everything the people give you. In this moment I didn´t know what to say so i just kept my mouth shut. My companion apoligized again and thankfully the lady is really nice so we´ll see how things go next week when we return to eat with her again.

Yesterday in church the Bishop asked me to give a talk 5 minutes before Sacrament Meeting started....they also asked me to direct the music (which I have absolutely no problem with...except the song was a song that´s only in the Spanish hymn book and I´ve never heard it before in my life lol ) That was an interesting experience too haha. I spoke about charity and the pure love of Christ.

We also had a zone conference with our mission president and his wife. They´re great and I also leave from those meetings feeling really inspired. I´ve been a translator in the past 2 conferences too! haha! I don´t think I do that great of a job, but at least it´s something, haha!


This week I´ll complete 4 months here in Mexico! Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment