Friday, May 2, 2014

This week has really been an interesting one (I´m pretty sure that´s how all my blog entries start out....anyways.. we had a district meeting on Monday night and one of the sets of sister missionaries brought a 14 year old girl with them that reminded me exactly of my sister. Exactly. It was scary. We acted, dressed, talked, everything possibly imaginable, she did it like my sister...just in Mexican form, haha! We did this role play activity (we do a lot of those...they´re alright) and I just started telling the girl about stuff that was gospel related but had nothing to do with the topic, it was such a spiritual experience. The girl hadnt´t accepted a baptismal date at this point but after basically pouring out my heart and soul to this strange little girl, who probably thought I was insane, she accepted a date to get baptized and not just in our role play, but in real life. She´s getting baptized in 2 weeks.

I offically have 6 months in the mission and the time has literally flown by. I only have 1 year left to be a missionary and when I get home I know I can still share what I believe, but it definitely won´t be the same.

One thing I´ve learned how to do with all my companions (and it´s not something that I like to do but it´s gotta happen) is talk about how we feel....ugh...not comfortable sometimes-- But I learned how to do this with a few of my companions . I understand that people get frustrated and mad, but when a missionary of 20 starts doing the silent treatment for almost a day, I´d say it´s about time to have a talk. It´s actually a delicate topic too because neither of the people actually want to talk but you know you´ve got to because if you don´t you won´t be able to work in an effective manner. All my companions have actually thanked me for being the one who says ¨alright, what´s wrong, how can I help you, let´s talk, ect. It´s definitely something I´ve learned from the mission. I can´t wait to see what else I learn in the next year!

So I received a call from the assistants to the President last week and whenever we receive a call from them you know somethings up. They told me I´d be training, again! ha! So right now I´m training, my third sister missionary...and she´s from Columbia! I never thought I´d be paired up with another Columbian just because I´m pretty sure the first one didn´t like me too much, but the President thinks I can do it and I´m actually really excited to do it! She doesn´t speak any English but we´re learning from each other. Our word of the day is refrigerator, because she can´t say it in English and I prefer just to say the abbreviation of it in Spanish because it´s just a harder word for me, haha! But before we go to bed tonight we´ll both have this word down packed! I think the best moment was when she spelt door ´dor´ I literally think she´s the cutest thing! She also got really freaked out when she saw the lizard in our kitchen last night, but I just told her it was normal and not to worry about it. haha! I helped her wrap herself in her sheet in a special way so the lizard wouldnt get to her, but it was definitely hilarious. I´m really excited that i get to train her, today is her first day in the mission and it´s going to be a wild ride, but I´m excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment