Monday, July 14, 2014

So last Monday we went to Walmart and I almost cried as we left because I actually left like I was in the states, it was the weirdest feeling ever...Walmart isn´t even that out of the ordinary. I´m pretty sure I´m going to have adjusting problems when I get back to the U.S. But that´s okay, my Mexican experience is awesome. It is definitely the biggest adventure of my life.

Humberto, our star investigator ended up drinking at a party and we retaught him about the Word of Wisdom and we had to schedule another baptismal date with him for the 12th of July. I´m pretty sure he felt really bad about drinking so he picked some roses for my companion and I, haha! Seriously, Humberto is something else..He knows that he isn´t changing his life for us but he says that we´ve become such a huge part of the change that he wanted to get us flowers! haha!

The 12th is the same date as Jose Enrique, my best bud, who is one of the smartest kids I know, regardless of the fact that he isn´t going to school. My companion and I always end up crying whenever he prays! He and his cousin always run through the bathroom and into the baptismal font whenever we go to church, they are crazy haha. We get along so well!

We also have this girl that travels 45 minutes in the combi ¨shifty white mini van--public transporte¨ to accompany us while we visit people. Her name is liliana and seriously, we get along great. I finally think that I´ve finally I´ve been able to get my Spanish to a decent level that I can actually joke and get people to know me a little bit more....for example...last week my companion told me I had a devil inside me and it was hilarious..I don´t remember what I said, but it was funny.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment