Monday, September 1, 2014

This week was full of miracles. We received a reference from some elders of a man, Erik, who really needed to know his purpose in life. We gave him a call and he came to church on Sunday. We sat down and talked to him and he´s doing pretty bad right now. His grandfather just died, he just lost his job, his girlfriend cheated on him and left him, he has no family in the state and his 2 motorcycles recently got stolen. He told us that a few years ago he had a friend who was a member of the church and that the church was the only outlet he could think of. He is such a good person and he didn´t understand why these bad things were happening to him because he havent done anything wrong. We talked to him about the purpose of life and how sometimes bad things happen to good people because Heavenly Father is preparing them for something even better. He accepted a baptismal date and we´re so excited to get to know him a little bit more.

Eder, the little boy who was going to be baptized this week is going to wait to be baptized until the 6th of September with his sister-in-law, Helen. Helen´s husband, Edgar, blessed the sacrament for the first time yesterday and him and his dad, Tomas went to the Stake Priesthood meeting. I am so grateful to have met this wonderful people, they are really helping me understand the reason for serving a mission and what my real purpose is as a missionary.

A Peruvian lady lives in the ward and she made us Peruvian food on Wednesday....it was amazing and I totally felt in home....(mom, yours is still better though, no worries :P ) and two weeks ago (I can´t believe I forgot to write this....a lady from California was here visiting and she invited us over for dinner and gave us mashed potatos and rolls....I ate 5 rolls...I don´t know if that´s a high or low point in the mission...I love bread and I know I probably won´t get to have another roll in awhile.

We also had zone conference and we learned a lot about obedience and the book of mormon. It was a great experience...oh yeah..they did a skit thing too...the President and his wife are really pushing that everyone learns English and we did this skit to practice. The latins did the speaking and the people from the united states acted...I was given the role of ´sister mouse´ and some other sister (who will probably be the relief society president or something some day) made us all handmade costumes! I don´t know how she did it...and I don´t quite know what to do with the outfit now, but it was fun preparing and acting out the skits. I also got to see Hermana Garcia (my MTC companion) and Hermana Young again! Theyre awesome!!



          

No comments:

Post a Comment