Monday, May 11, 2015

First of all my companion and I have seen so many miracles here in our area. It´s amazing. I remember that we shared the Restoration lesson with a family and during the First Vision part when we told them to close their eyes, I just remember feeling overcome by the spirit and it was so powerful, I could barely finish it--we were all crying.

We´ve just been having so mnay spiritual experiences and I know that I´ve been called to this mission for a reason. I really think it´s going to be hard for me to leave this spiritual missionary bubble if I´m being 100% honest. A few days ago we taught this man whose brother had recently died (his father who is less active was also there) and at the end of the lesson we asked the father to give the closing prayer, but he just couldn´t get himself to do it...he told us that he had stopped praying ever since his son had died. It was a beautiful and overpowering experice being filled with the spirit and being able to testify to this man...telling him exactly what the spirit wanted him to hear. I can definitely tell you that it wasn´t me who was talking...100% spirit right there. I´m so glad that we have the plan of salvation and that we know that families can be together forever. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Hermana Cortez and I also gave the relief society lesson on Sunday and we shared about Ezra Taft Benson and his testimony on Joseph Smith and we just cried. I´ve definitely come to realize that without the restoration of the gospel in my life, I wouldn´t have any of the blessings that I currently enjoy.I´ve been actually feeling the spirit a lot this week and I can´t believe that in 4 weeks I´ll be home. It just doesn´t make any sense to me...I´m not going to lie, I´m a little nervous, just because I won´t be living the life as a full time missionary and I know I´ll miss it...and it sort of gets me teary-eyed..but I just hope I´ll be able to enjoy this little last bit of time.

I got a few letters this week for some of you!---you´re all great, I just wanted to let you know that I love you and that I hope everyone´s doing great. Keep praying for me please, it´s really weird finishing up a mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment