Monday, May 11, 2015

This Saturday we had 2 baptisms and they were awesome. The grandma´s name is María de los Angeles and her grandchild is Juan.They are awesome. This next Saturday we should hopefully have the baptizm of the other grandchild Jorge.He´s 17 and he wanted to get baptized a month ago but as soon as the elders left and we got here he stopped going to church and he was just acting weird...but then we had our district leader interview him again and we were actually able to help him and find out the actual problem! I had the coolest experience too...I was in sacrament meeting yesterday sitting beside Jorge and I was just thinking about how to help him....and I had this thought ¨open your scriptures¨ and it was the weirdest thing....so I did it and I opened up to Alma 42:27

¨Therefore, O my son, whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely. and whoseever will not come the same is not compelled to come- but in the last day it shall be restored unto him according to his deeds.¨

Whoa!! That was totally the scripture that he needed. It was such a beautiful experience being able to share this scripture with him....there are just some people that you know that you were sent to a specific area for them...and he´s definitely one of these investigators...he just needs someone to love him and understand him.I can´t wait to see him get baptized on saturday! Please pray for him everyone!
Then on the 9th we have another baptizm planned for Fernando....he is so awesome...I love his story, but we´ve still got to help him a lot though because he´s still struggling. He has a smoking problem and his brother just died a month ago so he´s having a really hard time trying to quit...but yesterday he received a priesthood blessing and at the end everyone was in tears, it was such a spirit guided moment and I am seriously going to miss having these sweet spirit moments that a missionary always is able to see.Hopefully Fernando will be able to stop smoking and hopefully that blessing that he received will help him to have a stronger testimony. I know if strengthen my testimony.

Oh! The funniest thing happened the other week too....my companion and I were with some members and they were telling us about their kids...and one of their girls is named ¨Abish¨ from the Book of Mormon...and they said ¨yeah...she was the first sister missionary in the Book of Mormon..¨ and my companion says ¨yeah she was also less active...¨ HAHA! It was so hilarious. I am going to so miss the mission!

See you guys in 2 weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment